Activities & Free stuff
What can you do here?
Never a dull moment here at Raglan Backpackers! It can be hard to see all the possibilities, so here’s a neat little list of suggestions. Of course there’s more. There’s always more!
- Surfing (rentals, lessons, packages) the world-renowned breaks at Manu Bay or Whale Bay, or get up on your first wave at our local beginner’s beach, Ngarunui.
- Kayak or Stand-up Paddleboard (SUP) around the estuary (small single kayaks for free!) or head over to the fascinating Pancake Rocks (some people even jump off them).
- Yoga sessions in the hostel and in the beautiful dedicated yoga space in town (only $10 for backpackers). Find the timetable here.
- Hike to the summit of Raglan’s Sleeping Lady – Mount Kariori (3hrs) or visit the stunning Bridal Veil Falls. Find out more from DOC.
- Bike ($5/hour) Bike our beautiful coast road. Upgrade to specialized mountain bikes for off road forrest trails
- Fish for snapper and kawhai from the local wharf.
- Skateboarding action at the skatepark or pump track
- Kitesurfing lessons from the fantastic Ozone
- Golf with incredible views of Raglan for only $20 for nine holes!
- Horse rides along the beach or in the forest, or even a horseback swim in the sea! Check out Surf n Turf.
- Glow worm caving or canyoning with Raglan Rock, check them out.